Dr. Abel Aguilar and his staff at Manchester Dental welcome patients of all ages.
Gentle, experienced care for your child’s teeth
Our comprehensive dental practice includes children and adults alike. We know it’s important to start children early with their dental care, giving them the best chance of healthy teeth and gums for a lifetime.
Dr. Aguilar and our very experienced staff love providing dental care for children. We enjoy helping them and believe that if they have a good dental experience, they will be much more likely to take care of their teeth. Dr. Aguilar’s gentle touch and friendly manner helps children relax and not be frightened of dental treatment.
Our friendly services and amenities for kids
At our office, we make sure to welcome children and make them feel comfortable. We have provided a kid’s area in our waiting room just for them where they can play with toys and enjoy books too!
Dr. Aguilar’s calm and gentle approach to children’s dental care makes a child’s visit pleasant and not something to be feared. From the kid-friendly waiting room to our welcoming and caring staff, children quickly learn that a visit to the dentist can be a fun experience. We have a TV in the exam room so children can watch it if they want to. We also let the child hold instruments, safely, so they can get used to them and not be afraid.
Dr. Aguilar usually starts seeing children at age 3 or 4. Cavities can start as early as 3 years old, so early detection means less invasive treatment. He, along with his hygienists, takes particular care to provide gentle and friendly exams. We make friends with our young patients, and this also encourages them to maintain healthy dental habits as well as be open to any needed treatment to achieve dental health.
Some of the services that are geared toward children include:
- Low radiation digital X-rays. These show images of the teeth and jaw, making it possible to see hidden problems, such as cavities, wisdom teeth and more.
- Ultrasonic cleaning, a gentle method of using sound waves to clean teeth and gums.
- Sealants on teeth can be used to protect teeth from tooth decay, especially premolars and molars. Children ages 6 to 14 are particularly vulnerable to cavities, and sealants can help.
- Root canals, which can be performed if needed on either primary or permanent teeth. This would be necessary if the root pulp is infected, either from decay or injury. Often in children, only a small portion of the pulp is affected, making the procedure much more simple and less painful than more extensive root canals.
- Orthodontics, or braces, is among the most common dental procedures done on children. We do regular braces as well as Invisalign, depending upon which is most beneficial for each case.
- Regular cleanings by our experienced and friendly hygienists and instruction in how to properly brush and floss.
Your child’s first visit
Our hygienists are especially good with children, and they make a point to educate them on the importance of good dental hygiene.
Dr. Aguilar enjoys working with kids and starts attending to their dental care when they turn 3 or 4 years old. He encourages parents to initially bring their young child with them to sit on their lap while they themselves are receiving dental care. This allows the child to become familiar with the exam rooms, procedures, the doctor and the entire staff. The more they experience our caring, gentle and friendly service, the more it will encourage them to want routine dental care.
Our hygienists are also very good with children of all ages, and endeavor to make sure they are comfortable while receiving dental treatment. We also take the time to educate the child on proper dental hygiene, including educating them on needing regular, routine dental appointments.
Free Exam, X-rays and Consultation for kids
Dr. Aguilar does Exams, X-rays and Consultations not only for adults, but children too! An Exam may reveal many things, such as a cavity that needs a filling, the likelihood of an impacted tooth down the road, and others. He not only explains needed treatment to the parents, but also to the child, very simply so he or she understands.
It’s important to Dr. Aguilar and staff to get to know all our patients in our community, children and adults alike. His comprehensive and friendly family dental care is gentle, high-tech and affordable. We offer a Free New Patient Special for both new adult and child patients. It includes the Exam, X-rays, and Consultation, normally valued at $241.
Your Center for
Affordable • Comprehensive • High-Tech